Workplace injury claims can represent a significant overhead cost for employers. However, whether you are a Schedule 1 or 2 employer, there are many ways that you can reduce your WSIB claim costs and premium rates, including through actively managing claims and strategic account-related appeals.
Join us on December 14th as Carissa Tanzola, Hossein Moghtaderi, and James Jennings give you the practical tools to manage (and challenge) WSIB claims and discover if your industry classification may be artificially increasing your WSIB costs. Topics for discussion will include:
• How to determine whether an employer is correctly classified in the WSIB’s New Rate Framework regime
• When and how to appeal WSIB account decisions to strategically manage your costs and premiums
• The differences and similarities between compensable and non-compensable injuries, and why it matters
• How to stop and reverse escalating costs, including addressing compatibility, offers of suitable modified duties, and pre-existing conditions
• How to defend WSIB-related issues in multiple forums, including strategies relating to Right to Sue applications and concurrent jurisdictions arguments
• Practical considerations for settlements under the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, 1997